Gap Insurance is designed to protect your investment by paying you the difference between your insurers settlement (in the event of total loss – write-off or theft) and what you original paid for your car.
- Added protection on top of your fully comprehensive motor insurance if your car is written off.
- A payout that fills the gap between the purchase price and your own insurers payout (as illustrated).
|How GAP Insurance Works|
|Motor Insurance Settlement||£11,000|
|GAP INSURANCE pay-out||£7,000|
Click4Gap.co.uk have supplied dependable Gap Insurance for 20 years, buy online today at wholesale prices and save up to 75% on dealer prices!
The New Return to Value Gap Insurance is now available up to 7 years after you bought your car!
What are the Benefits
For a premium starting at just £73, you can be safe in the knowledge that should your vehicle be a Total Loss (stolen or written-off,) you won't lose a penny.
You may have a 'new for old' Motor Insurance , which will replace your vehicle with a new model as long as it is under a certain age and covered less than a stated mileage. But unfortunately, should your vehicle be stolen or written-off a day after the 'new-for-old' policy expires, the insurance company will give you the trade value and not a new vehicle. GAP will give you the full price you paid for the vehicle.
Cover varies depending on who you buy GAP Insurance from, but most offer 3 years cover. If you prefer to select your own term and claim value Click4gap offer this for terms of up to 4 years with a one-off payment. Click4Gap offer cover for both new and used vehicles, cars purchased privately or from a dealer, bought on finance, cash or contract hire. Cars can be up to 7 years old when the policy is purchased.
- A car is stolen every minute of the day in the UK*****
- There are more than two million vehicle related thefts each year**
- Vehicle crime accounts for nearly 20% of all crimes recorded****
- Over 500,000 vehicles become a total loss each year
- Every day in the UK more than 200 vehicles are involved in serious car accidents*****
- Cars seem to be depreciating at a far greater rate than ever before
- Motor Insurance valuations are less than the amount you paid for the car
- You pay the deprecation, not your motor insurer
- In 2003/04 around 10% of vehicle-owning households experienced some type of vehicle related-theft*
- One third of stolen cars are never recovered*****
- For cars aged between 1-5 years old - 5 were stolen per 1000 registered**
INFORMATION SOURCED FROM:
crimestatistics.org.uk *; secureyourmotor.gov.uk/ **; crimereduction.gov.uk ****; carcareplan.co.uk*****